Our school is located near Yangmingshan and Huang Si. The campus is within the busy Tian Mu downtown. Owing to the American School and Japanese School in the neighborhood, it is part of this international and multicultural community. The parents possess high social and economic status. Besides, they are highly educated, and engage heartedly in the public welfare activities. They are truly good partners of our school.
Our school participated in the experimental projects of improving teaching and evaluating in 1996, reducing student numbers and the integration of teaching, guidance, and counseling in 1998, the practice of Grade 1-9 integrated curriculum program which was directed by Ministry of Education in 1999. All of which mentioned above were very successful. Thanks to the effective management of the past three principals and the hard works of our professional teachers, students here are very clever and active. In addition, the parents support school with various sources and contributions. The school also has good interactions with the community. All of these experiences make our school a role model in Taiwan Education. For examples, the successful integration of the offices of studies, students, and guidance creates amiable culture in the campus. The education of utilizing library is especially remarkable, and is followed by other elementary schools in Taiwan. The performance of the school orchestra is excellent, too. All of the parents of our school support the school heartedly and participated in various aspects. Education is a long-term engineering work of hope. We hope we can continue to create a secure, standard, graceful, modern and happy campus.
A. Brief history:
- The preparing office was started in Shi Dong Elementary School in August, 1978
- The first stage of construction had finished on August 1, 1981. Mr. Wu Bing Suin was assigned as the first principle by Ministry of Education.
- The school began with 21 classes. The accommodation was divided into four stages to accomplish. The classrooms were increased every year.
- In August, 1989, the second principle was Ms. Chan Ciao Yun who was originally a principle in Chang Chun Elementary School.
- In August, 1997, the third principle Mr. Chan Gen Shen was assigned, who was the former principle of Jing Xing Elementary School.
- In August, 2001, Mr. Chang Huei Shong became the fourth principle, who was originally in Da Lung Elementary School.
B. Geography :
- Environment of the community: Our school is located near Yangmingshan and Huang Si. The campus is quiet among the busy streets in Tian-mu downtown. The parents possess high social and economic status.
- Owing to the American School and Japanese School in the neighborhood, it is part of this international and multicultural community.
C. General administrative situation :
- There are 84 regular classes, 2 classes for hearing impaired students, 2 resources classes, 172 faculty members and 2,734 students.
- The campus area was 19,524m2
D. The situation of our buildings :
- Current usage of the lands: The total campus lands, 19,524m2, were fully used.
- Current conditions of the buildings :
Our school has been established for 22 years. The buildings are divided into teaching areas and activity center. Teaching areas are constructed like the Chinese character “日”. It took six years to finish the work. It includes Jong Shao Building, Hsin Yi Building, Ho Ping Building, and Si Wei building. There are 88 general classrooms, 7 special subject classrooms, 2 computer classrooms, 2 audio-visual classrooms, 6 offices, 1 health center, 2 handicapped classrooms, and 1 classroom for the hearing impaired. In the activity center, there are 1 library, 1 teacher’s office, 1 computer classroom, 1 audio-visual classroom, 1 dancing classroom, and 1 auditorium.
The prospect of our school
Symbol of our school
Symbol of our student
|To be healthy, active and care for minorities.
Symbol of our teacher
|To contribute to the society actively , keep learning all the life and always care for children.
Symbol of our parents
|To achieve high intellectual establishments, andwork smoothly with people.
|Content of work
|Office of Academic Affairs
|Register and Course Section
|Registration, controlling the student number in every class, finding other teachers to stand for the teacher who takes off
|Curriculum development, teaching improvement research, teaching activities support, after school and extra study activities.
|Research of Library Section
|Evaluating teaching material, library service, action research, the resource of parents.
|Education of Information Section
|Maintaining computer network, service of campus internet, intranet and developing information technology education
|Office of Student Affairs
|Guiding student’s living, students governed activities, protecting safety
|Maintaining the hygiene of the environment , environment education
|Physical Education Section
|Physical education, physical activities, training of sports groups
|Student Activities Section
|Teacher and student varieties activities, developing student clubs
|Offering health service, promoting hygiene education , epidemic prevention
|The first grade educational consulting activity, the second grade consulting and case study
|Social Resource Section
|Integration of the second and third grade consulting resources, consulting of case study
|Special Education Section
|Evaluating and comforting special children, consulting of case study
|Purchase & Maintenance
|Planning and executing the construction and planting
|Manage the teaching equipments
|Book keeping, cash financing
|Manage the document and meeting records
Keep tracks of administrative procedures
|The Integrated Service of offices
|The service pattern of integration of three office:
All of the directors of three offices are acting as vice-principles. The director of Guidance directs the lower grades. The director of Academic Affairs unites middle grades. The director of Student Affairs guides higher grades. The director of administration unites the other subject teacher.